Posted to ENEWS for Kelly Eng on behalf of Anex.
The latest edition of the Anex Bulletin focuses on International Overdose Awareness Day, August 31. Among the articles:
Losing a son
Keith Hassett, now 70, looked in on his sleeping son Shane and decided to give him an extra hour of rest. It was another act of parental love for a son whose deep snoring was actually an unrecognised sign of being on death’s doorstep. Shane was accidentally overdosing. Hooked on doctor-shopped opioid-based painkillers, he was suffering from an undiagnosed bout of pneumonia. With his respiratory system already compromised, the depressant effects of the drugs proved deadly…
Wodonga’s Gateway Community Health alcohol and other drugs team said use of fentanyl was becoming more widespread. They reported having been informed by clients that a doctor in nearby rural NSW was providing scripts for the drug, which was then transformed into an injectable liquid.
Download your copy of the Anex Bulletin here
Sign up to receive the Anex Bulletin by post
to register your event, lodge tributes, download resources, and find event ideas. We are encouraging everyone to take part.
Suite 1, Level 2
600 Nicholson Street
Fitzroy North Vic 3068