Incorporating Comorbidity E-News
Clinical Supervision for AOD/MH Practitioners (Melbourne or Rural/Regional Via Skype)
Posted to ENEWS for Guy Howick Psychmaps Consultancy
Clinical Supervision available with PsychMaps Consultancy
Clinical Supervision is not only essential for ongoing health and well-being but it is also as an integral component of reflective practice.
Guy Howick is a Psychologist with a passion for the art and science of psychotherapy. He has a broad range of experience and competence in the alcohol and drug and mental health fields, as a clinician, supervisor and in senior management.
Supervision sessions are available to human services practitioners (e.g., counsellors, nurses, social workers, psychologists) based in Melbourne or rural/regional areas via Skype/phone.
- Sustaining health and well-being in and out of the workplace
- The art of assessment,rapport building and the therapeutic alliance
- Treatment planning and reviewing treatment progress
- Utilising psychometric tools
- Working with trauma and enhancing client's capacity to cope
- Working with developmental factors (e.g., insecure attachments) driving personality (e.g., maladaptive schemas) and the relevance of this to relationships and substance use and mental health concerns
- Motivational enhancement and relapse prevention
- Transference, countertransference and minimising vicarious trauma
- Coping with challenging co-workers
For human services managers, topics of focus may include:
- Balancing performance management with mentoring young clinicians
- The challenges of project management
- Moving from being a member of the team to team leader
- Balancing a client load with managerial responsibilities
- Enhancing the capacity of your clinical team to respond to occurring mental health and substance use concerns
Guy’s practice is based on the following research and theory:
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT) (see www.contextualpsychology.org)
- Cognitive-Behavioural Therapy (CBT)
- Schema Therapy (for addressing maladaptive personality traits) (see www.schematherapy.com)
- Narrative Therapy and Solution-focused Therapy
- Interpersonal Neurobiology (see www.mindgains.org) and Attachment Theory
Consulting rooms are centrally located, with easy access from the CBD:
- HDA Medical Centre, Suite 8, 200 Sydney Rd, BRUNSWICK 17 Grattan St, CARLTON
- Skype or phone sessions are also available to those working in rural or regional areas.
- Contact Guy on 0401431931 or email via email@example.com.
- More information is also available on the PsychMaps website – www.psychmaps.com.au.