Posted to ENEWS for Brad Armstrong on behalf of Windana
- Exciting AOD casua/relief role in a great community setting
- Plenty of hours available with lots of variety
- Based 15 mins from Pakenham
Windana is a major provider of drug treatment services in Victoria. Our aim is to offer holistic, innovative services to our client group and we encourage staff and clients to work in partnership. The value of community is intrinsic to our culture and promotes a sense of purpose and hope for the future
Windana’s Therapeutic Community (TC) is a 40 bed 5 house facility set on an idyllic farm about 15 mins outside of Pakenham, Victoria. It is a longer-term, drug free residential rehabilitation program, providing opportunities for residents to change to previous risk taking behavioural patterns and develop lifestyles of self determined purpose.
The Therapeutic Community provides a holistic program that focuses on self-help, self-responsibility and self-determination. Health, domestic work routines, development of treatment plans, group education and interaction form part of the program
Windana’s TC is looking for a casual to work across a number of varying shifts.
The successful candidate will have the following key competencies:
- Empathetic to values of Windana and in particular be able to work within a “community as method” framework including the management of mental health symptoms
- Demonstrated experience in working with clients with complex issues including drug and alcohol related issues.
- Awareness of local community agencies and networks likely to be of value to clients.
- Knowledge and experience with mental health issues
- High level interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team.
- Good self care and time and work management skills.
- Experience in the drug and alcohol field and/or in residential programs.
- Basic computer / IT skills in MS Office 2007, internet experience.
- Current Drivers License
This position under the Social Community Homecare and Disability Services Industry Award 2010 at $23.54 per hour (inc casual loading), plus applicable shift penalties.
Please ensure that applications quote the position reference number TCC612 and directly address the key competencies above. If you are interviewed, photocopies of professional qualifications and appropriate identification must also be provided.
Applications in writing, including the names and phone numbers of two professional referees must be submitted by COB 11th June 2012 to: email@example.com