Incorporating Comorbidity E-News
Moreland Hall Catalyst Program - Next Intake
Posted to ENEWS for Shannon Bell on behalf of Moreland Hall
- A statewide structured non residential 6 week program for people who with problematic alcohol use, either as the drug of choice or as part of a pattern of poly substance use
- It is a post withdrawal program for people who have made a decision to stop alcohol use at least for the duration of the program. It does not exclude people who use other drugs
- The aim of the program is support participants to make positive changes in relation to their alcohol use
- It incorporates 1:1 motivational enhancement therapy, group work (based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), art therapy, nutrition, financial management, recreation and social activities
- The program operates from Monday to Friday. Most activities are scheduled between 9.15 am and 3.30 pm and incorporates some evening activities
- Where indicated families or significant other involvement is encouraged
- Prescribed medication and pharmocotherapies for any drug are recognised as acceptable treatment interventions
- Please download the Referral and Release of Information forms from the Moreland Hall website; and attach the current AOD Assessment.
- In the referral form, please advise details about the withdrawal plan – as this program is post withdrawal, timing the withdrawal episode with the Catalyst Program start dates is recommended.
- The next episode of care is due to commence 16th July 2012. Each episode of care is 6 weeks.
- To make a referral to the Catalyst Program, please complete the referral form and send to the above, addressed to the Catalyst Program or fax 03 9383 6705.