Posted to ENEWS for Samuel Perks on behalf of Moreland Hall
The Catalyst Program is:
1. A statewide structured non residential 6 week program for people who with problematic alcohol use, either as the drug of choice or as part of a pattern of poly substance use
2. It is a post withdrawal program for people who have made a decision to stop alcohol use at least for the duration of the program. It does not exclude people who use other drugs
3. The aim of the program is support participants to make positive changes in relation to their alcohol use
4. It incorporates 1:1 motivational enhancement therapy, group work (based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy), art therapy, nutrition, financial management, recreation and social activities
5. The program operates from Monday to Friday. Most activities are scheduled between 9.15 am and 3.30 pm and incorporates some evening activities
6. Where indicated families or significant other involvement is encouraged
7. Prescribed medication and pharmocotherapies for any drug are recognised as acceptable treatment interventions
1. Please download the referral form from the Moreland Hall website; and attach the current AOD Assessment and Release of Information form.
3. In the referral form, please advise details about the withdrawal plan – as this program is post withdrawal, timing the withdrawal episode with the Catalyst Program start dates is recommended.
4. The next episode of care is due to commence 7th March 2011. Each episode of care is 6 weeks.
5. To make a referral to the Catalyst Program, please complete the referral form and send to the above, addressed to the Catalyst Program or fax 9383 6705.
Catalyst holds regular information sessions on Wednesday evenings at 6pm for prospective clients. These sessions are held at Moreland Hall: 26 Jessie Street, Moreland, 3058. Please contact Triage on 03 9386 2876 for further details.
For any further enquiries about the program contact the Triage Worker Ph: 9386 2876 or refer to the web pages on www.morelandhall.org
for detailed description, referral form and video of program activities.